miércoles, 3 de noviembre de 2010

Wasteland or greenland?


I think there aren’t enought official ways to learn about enveromentally friendly practices. The people who takes care of this topics, learn about it on documentary movies, classes in the university, or, maybe, television spots.

I have incorported recycling into my habits, as reducing the plastic bags, using a clog bag to go to the supermarket, or reuse the plastic bags I have on my kitchen. I put the fruits or vegetable waste in a hole in my courtyard; the waste is eaten for bugs who improve the ground quality. And, I separate in different bags the papers and the carboard.

I don’t use a bike in Santiago, because is too big and I haven’t a bike here. In Rengo, mi city of birth, I have one, and I use it to move to my friend’s houses, the river, or the different places I want t go.

- Have you joined or supported any eco-organisations? Why/Why not?

I haven’t joined or supported any eco-organisations, because I’ haven’t enough time or money to joined in one. I prefer do little things, at least on this topic, or in this time.


But I remember I helped to the huascoaltinos people in a video. I do the phrase of the explanatory video of the reasons they have to reject the Pascua Lama mining proyect. I think this is the best way I can help in the cause, using my habilities.


- What have you done to reduce your
carbon footprint?

I turn off all the light, tv, computer, microwave and all the electrical items I not use, and I encourage my friends to do it. I use lights of low consume too. I use public transport, or I just walk and I recycle bags and the water of my laundry (it’s very benefical for plants, because it has phosphate)


You may calculate your carbon footprint here


- What's missing in our society/Santiago regarding this issue?

It think we need to improve the information programs. It’s very easy reducing our carbon footprint, but the people prefer stay on their comfortable way. But we can change this with more education in the schools, university, work and media



2 comentarios:

  1. Greenland!!! what it this? hahaha... Great!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I think it's very good to unplug appliances you're not using.
    I also do!

    Greetings!
    Nico

    ResponderEliminar